Plastic bottles, mostly filled with water, are an essential accessory for the hot summer days. But scientists say that they cannot be used multiple times.
Here are 2 reasons for this:
1. The bottle is full of bacteria
– Bacteria can multiply very quickly during the summer heats. Opening the plastic bottle is the most dangerous part because we constantly touch it with our mouth and bacteria is created on the uneven parts.
2. They are releasing harmful chemicals
– It is necessary to wash off the plastic bottle with dishwashing detergent and warm water, to prevent the spreading of the bacteria. But, unfortunately, this attempt to clean the plastic bottle has a negative effect, because they are not designed for higher temperatures and release harmful chemicals.