Human body wants to be balanced, so in order to do this we need to monitor and maintain our pH (power of Hydrogen) level. A balanced pH level for us is slightly alkaline.
The pH scale ranges from 0-14, the higher end of the scale being alkaline and the lower end acidic. The perfect spot for our bodies is 7.30 – 7.45 on the scale. So, how do we include alkaline into our bodies?
An alkaline diet helps you get up in the morning. It boosts your energy and you feel more naturally awake. It is nearly impossible to lose weight when your body is over-acidic.
Here is a list of alkaline salads, soups, snacks and meals.
– Avocado salad with wild garlic – wild garlic has more minerals than regular garlic.
– Fresh garden vegetable salad – fresh herbs, fresh vegetables and cold-pressed oils for dressings.
– Alkaline Mediterranean salad.
– Alkaline carrot and mushroom soup – mushrooms neutralize stomach acids, while carrots are a great source of B-vitamins, and minerals such as iron, magnesium and calcium.
– Raw avocado-broccoli soup and chestnuts – broccoli mixed with avocado gives you a soup that is high in alkaline-forming properties.
3. Snacks and sides
– Mediterranean bell peppers – high in vitamin C, beta carotene and folic acid, while low in calories.
– Mashed Brussels sprouts with cauliflower – Brussels sprouts are high in minerals such as magnesium, iron, potassium and phosphorus and are super-high in alkaline salts.
– Avocado-tomato-salsa with potatoes
– Alkaline potato salad
– Quinoa pasta with tomato artichoke sauce
– Alkaline veggie stir-fry with leeks and kohlrabi
– Alkaline ratatouille
– Potato pumpkin patties
– Spicy tomato shake – totally alkaline and low in calories. Cucumbers also help your bladder, kidneys and liver.
– Alkaline veggie power smoothie
– Green power cocktail – green smoothies and shakes are always packed with nutrients, vitamins and alkaline-forming foods.
– Green power shake