We all know that bugs are necessary, but sometimes we just want to enjoy the outdoors without any (boring) bugs on our skin or just buzzing around.
We should also be aware that chemical bug killers and bug repellent are damaging to us. The chemicals can get into your skin and negatively impact your body tissues and immune system. Over time, the chemicals build up and can put you at risk for more health problems.
Here is an alternative to bug repellent or chemical bug killer.
Natural bug killing recipes
1. For ants: cucumber, mint, cayenne pepper, cornmeal
– Once you trace the point of entry of ants you can use these tips to get rid of them forever.
1. Put a few pieces of cucumber near the door and the scent will drive them away.
2. Put a few bags of mint tea and that will drive them away too, because the smell of mint detracts ants.
3. Put cornmeal or cayenne pepper near the door and ingesting these items will kill them.
2. Keeping outdoor bugs off of you
– Here is a remedy on how to keep away insects when you are outdoors.
1. Put 1 cup of vodka in a spray bottle.
2. Then add several drops of clove oil or lavender oil. These scents are awful for bugs, but pleasing for humans.
3. Finally, spray this mixture around the outdoor areas.
3. Apple cider vinegar for fruit flies
– Fruit flies are the worst. Use this tricks to wipe them out.
1. In a bowl or a jar, put about 1 inch of apple cider vinegar.
2. Add 1 drop of dish soap.
3. Over the jar, put saran wrap tightly.
4. With a needle poke holes all over the saran wrap. The bugs will get in, but they will not be able to get out or will drown in the apple cider vinegar.