We know that food is important for our health. Vitamins and minerals found in food are crucial for proper functioning of our body. Also, adding some other healthy lifestyle choices, such as plenty of water and regular exercise, will increase the chances of longer life.
The results of the new studies have shown that not only can food improve your health, but it can also fight diseases. Specifically, there are cancer-fighting foods.
Here are 7 important cancer-fighting foods:
1. Garlic – lowers blood pressure and high cholesterol, boosts immunity, it’s a natural detoxifier and it improves brain function.
2. Broccoli – it is good for your heart and bones, and it has been proven to reduce the risk of gastric, breast, cervical and prostate cancers.
3. Green tea – reduces the risk of heart disease, lowers your blood pressure and your bad cholesterol, while raising your good cholesterol.
4. Strawberries – prevents memory loss, lowers inflammation, protects the body from heart disease and helps you burn your body fat stores.
5. Spinach – it contains minerals, vitamins and omega-3 fatty acids that your body needs to stay strong. It is rich in fiber and folate, the 2 elements that doctors believe are very important to cancer prevention.
6. Tomatoes – contain lycopene, which is a powerful antioxidant that prevents the formation of certain cancers. Canned tomatoes have higher concentration of lycopene than the fresh ones.
7. Carrots – contain falcarindiol and falcarinol, which scientists believe are the reason for cancer-fighting abilities. It is also good for your skin, vision and a natural detoxifier.
These foods target and destroy cancer cells and cancer-causing cells and are available in your local market so, you can easily implement them in your every day diet.