Most common reasons for having damaged hair are: regular styling with using too much heat, the use of harsh products, unnecessary exposure to sun’s UV rays and swimming in chlorinated water. But, you do not have to use the usual expensive products. There are a lot of cheaper alternatives.
Here are some of the alternative, cheaper products you can use to repair your dry, brittle and damaged hair.
1. Coconut oil – Massage your tresses with coconut oil up to three times a week. Leave it overnight and then shampoo it off the next day.
2. Olive oil – Massage your hair with olive oil and allow it to stay overnight. Wash off with mild shampoo and a conditioner. Apply this once a week.
3. Avocados – Mash enough avocados to cover the entire mane. Let it stay for an hour and then rinse off.
4. Eggs – Beat a medium-sized egg, and then massage your hair and scalp. Wait for about 20-30 minutes and then remove it with cold water. Afterwards wash your hair with shampoo.
5. Bananas – Mash enough bananas to cover your entire mane and let it stay for an hour. Then remove it with cold water.
6. Aloe Vera – Put aloe Vera gel on your hair and wait for about 10-15 minutes. Then rinse off the aloe Vera gel with warm water.
7. Black tea – The best way to protect your hair of sun’s UV rays is to use black tea. Use black tea as a final rinse, after shampooing. But, before pouring it on your hair, make sure that the tea cools down to room temperature.
8. Butter – Simply massage your hair with butter. Afterwards make sure you shampoo very well, to thoroughly remove the butter that is in your hair.