This is why fiber is important and why we are bombarded by advertisements and packaging with promise of the highest percentage of fiber…
1. Fiber keeps you from overeating because it requires more chewing, so the body has time to register the food intake and satiety.
2. The fibers reduce caloric intake because you feel full.
3. It is better to eat foods full of fiber than supplements because they contain vitamins, minerals and other nutrients.
6. The richest foods in fiber are: beans, bran, prunes and algae. Different fibers are actually an integral part of fresh fruits and vegetables and unprocessed grains.
7. Among other things, fiber reduces the risk of diabetes and heart disease, protect against colon cancer and kidney stones.
8. The optimal daily dose of the fibers should be 38 grams for males and 25 grams for females.