A nutritious and well-balanced diet promotes better hair and nail health and good skin. The nutrients you take today can help strengthen your nail and hair growth. The hair and nails are made up of keratin, so the same nutrients and vitamins can help them both.
Of course, there are other things that can affect nail and hair growth such as the stress levels, hormonal imbalances, poor physical activity, lack of sleep and even smoking.
Here is what you can eat for better looking nails and hair:
– Salmon is loaded with protein and vitamin D, but also omega-3 fatty acids which are the most important. The fatty acids are needed for better hair growth. If you do not like salmon here are some alternatives: herring, sardines, mackerel, trout, pumpkin seeds, walnuts and avocados.
2. Whey protein
– Protein produces keratin in nails and hair. So, if your nails and hair become protein-deficient, your nails will become brittle and your hair will fall. Add a coop of whey into your smoothie, for a simple fix. Whey protein can also help you control your appetite.
– Walnuts are packed with vitamin E (cloak the DNA cells from damage) and biotin (combats hair loss).
– Lentils are packed with vital nutrients such as zinc, iron, biotin and protein.
– It contains vitamin C, folate and beta carotene, which keeps your nail beds and hair follicles strong and healthy.
6. Sweet potatoes
– Sweet potatoes are a great source of beta carotene, which utilized with the body produces vitamin A. People who lack vitamin A are prone to dandruff and itchy scalp.