Being one of the world’s most cultivated and consumed fruits, the health benefits of avocado nutrition are enormous. Here are some health benefits:
- Digestive Health: – Avocado contains good amount of soluble and insoluble dietary fiber that helps relieve constipation, diarrhea and improve digestion process.
- Duodenal ulcer: – Flavonoid elements present help in treating and relieving the effects of duodenal ulcer.
- Skin Care: – Avocado oil is a very good remedy for skin. It’s rich in vitamin E and other strong anti-oxidants elements that help to smooth and moisturize your skin, repair worn out cell and slow down aging effects.
- Cholesterol: – Monounsaturated fats present, contain oleic acid and beta-sitosterol that help reduce LDL cholesterol in blood stream. When consumed in plenty, monounsaturated fats help prevent risks associated with bad cholesterol and control diabetes by lowering triglycerides.
- High blood pressure: – Potassium and dietary fiber are very effective in regulating blood pressure. Potassium helps counter effects of bad sodium that cause raise in blood pressure. Fiber helps prevent cholesterol from accumulating on artery walls and cause high blood pressure.
- Cancer: – Regular consumption of avocado helps lower cancer risks. According to medical experts, oleic acid present in avocado, is very effective in combating various types of cancer especially prostate and breast cancer. Oleic acid is rich in phyto-chemical compound and anti-oxidants that kill cancer cells and repair damaged cells.
- Absorption of Nutrients: – When mixed with other fruits and vegetables, avocado increases absorption of nutrients and minerals in the body.
- Healthy Heart: – Mono-unsaturated fats present, if used in place of saturated fats, helps reduce effects of bad cholesterol in blood that usually pose health risk to the heart.
- Immune System: – Regular consumption of avocado strengthens your immune system. Its pulp is packed with phytonutrients, vitamins (A, C, E and K) and micro-minerals vital for strong immunity.
- Improve Sex Vitality: – The high amount of calories present and other nutrients are very useful in restoring sex vitality especially in men.
- Eye Health: – Flavonoids and antioxidants present play a vital role in maintaining good eyesight. These powerful compounds neutralize and prevent oxidation of free radical cells that cause development of cataracts or glaucoma…etc blamed for visual impairment especially in at old age.
- Healthy Pregnancy: – High amount of folate present helps in normal growth and development of infant during pregnancy. It promotes healthy cell and tissue development and prevents life threatening birth defects of the spine and brain of the baby.
- Once at home, wash your avocado with plenty of water to get rid of any pesticide residue, soil or dust on the surface.
- Use a clean knife to cut the fruit into two halves and then remove the seed. Or else, peel off the skin using your hands and slice the flesh into desired sizes.
- Avocado fits well in fruit salad but you can add it on top of your vegetable dish has an appetizer. It’s also a suitable substitute of meat in sandwiches and other dishes.
- To prevent its pulp from turning brown after cutting, which is caused by oxidation of irons, sprinkle some lemon juice droplets over the surface.
- To enjoy numerous health benefits of avocado nutrition, eat at least three serving per week.
- Unripe avocado is highly packed with tannins compound that makes them to taste bitter and unappetizing.
- Avocado also may cause some allergic reaction to some people who are sensitive to latex.