Okra (Lady’s finger) is a vegetable grown throughout warm mild and tropical districts around the globe, because of its “pods” or stingy fruits. It is considered to be one of the most therapeutic vegetables.
Here is why you should include okra in your eating regimen:
– For pregnancy and fetal advancement – helps the development of fetal neural tube and prevents imperfections in the tube, and helps prevent unnatural birth cycles.
– Lowers bad cholesterol – avoids atherosclerosis and helps lower the bad cholesterol.
– Treats genital disorders – extreme menstrual bleeding, leucorrhoea, syphilis, gonorrhea and dysuria.
– Skin detoxifier – (fiber aids toxic, vitamin C) it is used to heal psoriasis, repair body tissue, eliminate pimples etc.
– Reduces colon cancer risk – the high cell reinforcements in Okra help in securing the immune system against dangerous free radicals and avoid transformation of cells. Okra also cleans out the intestinal tract, decreasing the danger of colon-rectal tumor.
– For asthma – it is high in vitamin C, has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Okra can shorten the time of asthma manifestations and prevent deadly attacks.
– Rich protein source – in the seeds of Okra are contained: top notch vegetable protein and oils, cystine, amino acids such as tryptophan and other sulfur amino acids content.
– Rich fiber source – it helps regulate digestion.
– Treats sun strokes – it eases general weakness and fatigue.
– Great hair – it is a wonderful hair conditioner, scalp cream for irritated and dry scalp, battles lice and dandruff, and adds a youthful sheen to your hair.
– Relieves constipation – the rich fiber content helps increase stool mass, binds poisons, guarantees simple solid discharge, stimulates fitting assimilation of water and lubricates the intestines.
– Diabetes – it regulates glucose levels.
– Probiotics – it eases the reproduction of probiotics and aids the natural production of vitamin B complex.
– Respiratory soother – the large amount of vitamin C, as well as the antioxidants found in Okra, are effective in treating respiratory problems and reduces the frequency of asthma attacks.
– Feeds blood network – it helps build the structure of blood vessels.
– Counteracts anemia – Okra helps with production of red blood cells.
– Ulcers – the mucilage in Okra not only does it help ease digestion, but it also heals and relieves the pain of stomach ulcers.
– Prevents obesity – Okra’s fiber helps in keeping you full and the abundant supplements sustain you.
– Strong bones – great source of vitamin K, which is vital for reinforcing bones and preventing osteoporosis.