The fact is that you will never know enough, because there are so many things and it can become overwhelming. What you need is working knowledge about this disease. What can you do to stay cancer-free, who is most at risk, what are the factors that increase cancer risk etc.
Here are 16 facts that you really need to know:
1. Researchers say that at least half of all cancer-related and cancer deaths are preventable.
2. Cancer is assigned to more than 100 diseases. It is the result of abnormal cells multiplying and spreading out of control, damaging healthy cells along the way. Most cancer types result in tumors.
3. A very small percentage of cancers have a genetic link. However, we may have inherited our “mother’s cookbook”, so we may be exposed to the same toxins. In order to prevent this we can start by cleaning up our diet, detoxification and exercise.
4. Environmental factors can also increase the risk of cancer. The food you eat, the air you breathe and the water you drink are all important. So, ensuring your home and workplace, which are the places you spend most of your time, needs to be a top priority.
5. The leading cancer killer of women and men is caused by smoking. But the tobacco itself does not cause cancer, but the chemicals that are used in the process of making tobacco products. You should know that more than 90% of lung cancer cases are caused by this horrible habit – smoking.
6. Sleep deprivation, that is less than 6 hours per day, increases the risk of colon cancer.
7. Cancer treatments can also cause cancer. Instead of finding the cause of the disease we treat symptoms with carcinogenic chemicals such as chemotherapy.
Read the rest of the facts on page 2 ==>