Many people suffer from underactive thyroid gland and that number in increasing as we speak. The most common symptoms of underactive thyroid are: weight gain, sensitive to cold, tiredness, constipation, mental dullness, muscle aches and weakness, dry skin, brittle hair and nails, loss of libido, dizziness, insomnia. Researches point out that underactive thyroid is maybe the number one cause of weight problems.
Here are also some causes of an unbalanced thyroid:
– Deficiency of iodine – without enough iodine the thyroid won’t produce the needed hormones.
– MSG and bad fatty acids – weaken the thyroid.
– Popular prescription drugs ( for bones, heart, blood sugar) – lead to a sluggish thyroid.
– Exposure to too much chlorine and fluoride in drinking water – interfere with normal thyroid function.
– Age – with aging there is a risk of an unbalanced thyroid increases.
How Can Coconut Oil Help With this Problem?
Coconut oil decreases inflammation and regulates the immune system. Coconut oil doesn’t need the enzyme stress and prevents T4 to T3 hormone conversion, not because it is a stable oil, but because it is processed differently in the body. Also it doesn’t need to be broken down by enzyme processes. The other oils that we use for cooking have a negative affect on the thyroid.
Coconut oil is not, by itself, a thyroid cure. It can help people with low thyroid function, because it boosts energy and stimulates metabolism. Coconut oil has worked very well for people who have been able to leave out their medications, with the right combination of removal of processed food, exercise and balanced diet.