Everyone wants to have a clear and glowing face. Whiteheads and blackheads are known to be very difficult to get rid of. But luckily, there are several things you can do to eliminate them and improve your skin.
Here are some of the home remedies to get rid of whiteheads and blackheads:
– Facial steaming
– Oatmeal scrub – you can make this at home: mix equal parts of raw honey and oatmeal, then apply it on your face and leave it for 20 minutes. Before you remove it, massage your face for a few minutes, and then rinse the scrub off with lukewarm water.
– Baking soda – you can mix baking soda with water and create a thick paste. Mix one part of water with 3 parts of baking soda, and after leave it on your face until it is dry and then wash it off.
– Apple cider vinegar – after the facial steaming, apply some ACV on your face and let it dry. Don’t rinse it off.
– Egg and honey facial mask – mix 1 tablespoon of raw honey, 1 tablespoon of organic yogurt and 1 egg white. Apply this mixture and leave it for about 20 minutes and then rinse it off with warm water.
– Lemon juice – mix lemon juice, brown sugar and honey (equal parts) and then take the mixture and rub it into your face for 5 minutes. Then rinse it off.
– Tea tree essential oil – dilute it in Aloe Vera or witch hazel, then dub the diluted tea tree oil on the problematic area using a cotton ball and then leave it to dry. Do not rinse it off.
Here are some do’s and don’ts:
– Keep your hair and face clean by washing your hands before touching your face.
– Drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated.
– Change your bedding often so that you can prevent the spread of bacteria.
– Eat lots of vegetables and fruits.
– When you choose your beauty products, look for the water-based products.
– Do not wear too much make-up and make sure you remove it before you go to bed.
– Most importantly, do not squeeze whiteheads or pimples, as you might aggravate the condition and spread bacteria.