Marijuana is known for being an effective remedy against various diseases such as chronic pain, cancer and epilepsy. Also, marijuana can produce unwanted side effects like nausea, paranoia and the “high” effect, which is commonly associated with it.
Not only it can be smoked, but it can also be included in edibles such as brownies, cookies and candies. It can also be consumed in pill or capsule form.
Here are some of the many ways you can consume marijuana:
1. Smoking a joint/blunt/spliff etc. – this is one of the most common and classic ways of marijuana consumption.
2. Vaporizers – this is one of the most recommended methods.
3. Edibles – this method is somewhat dangerous, because when consuming marijuana in edibles, you cannot always see how much you are consuming and it is much easier to over-consume. So, it is better if you take a small amount, and wait for about 1 or 2 hours before consuming more.
4. Tinctures and tonics – these are liquid forms of marijuana and can be consumed orally on its own, applied to the skin or added to food. This kind is useful for vomiting and nausea as a result of chemotherapy. You should also be careful not to over-consume.
5. Topical – they include salves, lotions, balms and ointments made from cannabis oil. They are effective anti-inflammatories and analgetics, ideal for chapped skin, arthritis, minor burns, sunburns, eczema, tendonitis, joint pain, shingles and muscle soreness. They are also antibacterial.
6. Tea and sodas – this is very simple, you just need to steep the cannabis leaves, buds and stems in boiling water for half an hour to make marijuana tea. Adding oil, butter or alcohol is necessary to dissolve the THC in marijuana.
7. Hash and wax – resin composed from marijuana flowers can be compressed into small chunks that can be smoked, eaten or added to edibles or tea.
However, doctors and researchers mostly recommend vaporizers for consuming marijuana.