There are a lot of items at home, that we think harmless, but in fact they may be cancer-causers. Nitrobenzene, formaldehyde and methylene chloride, which are all carcinogens, can be found in items such as shampoos, plastic, rubber, perfumes, dyes etc.
Here are some of the items you thought they were harmless and decide whether you get rid of them or not.
1. Air fresheners
A lot of air fresheners have toxins, volatile organic compounds and carcinogens in their formulas. According to Anne Steinemann’s study, all air fresheners that were tested showed chemicals regulated as hazardous under federal law or toxic, including carcinogens. You can try natural fragrances, as a replacement of these air fresheners.
Even though it is still being researched if they cause cancer, it is known that they have toxic ingredients. Either way, if you want to be safe, you can always use any of the handmade shampoo bars that are offered on etsy.
According to a study, 40% of the candles contain lead wires inside their wicks. Scented candles most often contain lead wicks. A candle with a lead wick releases 5 times the amount of lead that is considered hazardous for children. If you are exposed to a high amount of lead it may contribute to behavioral problems, hormone disruption, learning disabilities and many other health problems.