Ok, so here is one combination that surely have cross your mind, but did you try to cook it? I always wanted to mix pasta with peas and I do it very often, only I change the sauce:) Here is an idea how to mix pasta and peas, to be precise – black-eyed peas. So try this recipe and tell me did you like it:
- 12 ounces uncooked fusilli or medium shell pasta
- 3 tbs. olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28oz) can diced tomato, drained
- 3 cups cooked black-eyed peas
- 2 tbs. fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Pinch of crushed, red pepper
Cook the pasta according to package directions and drain. In saucepan, saute the garlic in oil. Add the pasta. Cook and stir over high heat for 30 seconds. Add the tomato and the black-eyed peas. Reduce the heat to medium. Cook, stirring gently, about 2 minutes until heated through. Add the basil, the black and the red pepper. Stir until well coated.
Did you like it?